Walsall Community Church is a dynamic, growing church in the Black Country borough of Walsall, exploring together the greatness of God and sharing that greatness with others. We have a rich history of being part of the answer to the social needs of our oft-neglected town of Walsall and are looking to innovate and grow with the new opportunities we see.
Our youth work has a specific vision of “Knowing, Growing, Loving”
We want all of our young people to Know and experience the greatness of God, Know their identity in Christ; Grow as confident followers of Jesus, Grow as they transition into young adulthood; Love, encourage and support each other in community, Love their friends and introduce them to Jesus.
Aside from youth we have a number of key expressions
- SUNDAY MORNINGS @ THE GOLDMINE From the Goldmine Centre we aim to be a welcoming, engaged community, exploring together the greatness of God and looking to share that greatness with others including through helping to meet the social needs of Walsall.
- ENCOUNTER Worship, praise and encounter are an intentional part of our life together: a rhythm of worship and prayer which continually refocusses us on the greatness and goodness of God. Part of this is expressed through Room 1 Project, a community of musicians, singers, songwriters, and worshippers from churches across the Black Country, UK.
- PASTORAL CARE & DISIPLESHIP We believe the Bible teaches that the role of the church is to make disciples and that being a disciple is a lifelong process of growing into maturity and ultimately becoming more like Christ. All are invited to engage in one-to-one mentoring, training and small groups.
- THE TABLE Our new coffee shop has taken over a vacant restaurant in the heart of Walsall town centre to provide a high quality, welcoming and safe place for the community to come together in a safe environment.
- WALSALL MONEY ADVICE PROJECT We operate a free advice and advocacy service on a wide range of matters including welfare benefits and debt counselling for anyone living or working in the borough of Walsall.
- THE BIG FEED & BLACK COUNTRY FOOD BANK We take the lead with other local churches in supporting homeless, vulnerable and under-privileged people; providing food, clothing, toilet and shower facilities, advice and a friendly face to those who need it most.
- TRANS4M INTERNATIONAL WCC’s founding pastor Vic Gledhill now leads the T4I charity doing sustainable, community-strengthening, aid and development work amongst the world's poorest communities in sub-Saharan Africa and south east Asia.
- STREET TEAMS One of our earlier projects to work with adult sex workers has morphed into a standalone charity specialising in working with children and young people at 'high risk' of sexual exploitation and we still have a lot of vision for how the church community can work with the professionals in serving this portion of our town.
We believe that to be successful, we need to employ a YOUTH WORK LEADER, on a part-time basis for a two-year fixed term contract. Working closely with a volunteer youth team the YWL will have a varied role in seeing young people within the church, and those not yet connected come into the fullness of what God has for them and play their role in his Kingdom
PART TIME Youth Work Leader
20 hours a week for 2 years in the first instance £25,313 - £ £28,001 (pro rata)
To lead and develop youth work ministry within the church
We are looking for a gifted and talented person to lead and develop youth work ministry within the church, to see our young people come to know and love Christ and grow holistically. The post holder will develop relationships of pastoral care and leading youth involvement in wider church life.
Closing date for applications: 5th July 2021
Interview date: w/c 19th July 2021
For further information and an application pack, please contact
Oliver Russell on 01922 629313 or email email@example.com
An Enhanced DBS Disclosure will be required for the post-holder and the role is subject to a Genuine Occupational Requirement.
When back at the Goldmine...
Children & youth are currently divided into four age groups:
|Little Explorers||0-4 yrs|
- All children remain in the main meeting for worship during the morning service where instruments, flags and ribbons are provided to encourage the children in join in.
- Children / youth leaders and helpers will escort the children to their venues at the appropriate times.
- All parents/carers are requested to complete and sign a consent form, which includes name, age, contact details and space to detail any concerns, allergies or disabilities. These details will be kept on file in the church office and used only for reference and contact purposes by children / youth leaders.
- All Children and Youth leaders are DBS checked to Enhanced Level.
For further information please contact: Sarah Neale via. the office 01922 629 313